Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to Chapel Town

Floating over empty streets
Away from pain, away from everything
Pray that we will survive the night
Buildings falling, the soul
Vaporized

Watching you sleep, but I know
That your heart has grown cold
Let me dream, if only for tonight
That we leave together in the first morning light

Alone and forgotten
I bow my head in shame
Before you all answers reveal
So I sink my sorrows in
The sea

Pray that we will survive the night
Buildings falling, the soul
Vaporized

--

Night falls
Silence takes a grip.
Guilt I retrieved;
A burning will to die.
I need this to be over before
I am bleeding dry…

Somewhere along the highway, these tracks must end.
I pass a crowd on my way
to the house on the hill…

Dead man with pitchfork arms
tells me all that he knows;
leave me here, for the crows.
In the Fall, she came back…
And with her, the birds…

No comments:

Post a Comment